Thursday, December 7, 2017

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

It's hard to match the things that other writers have done.  This is just a simple suggestion to take a few seconds and think of  it.  Pay respect to the WWII vets who fought and died.  Pearl Harbor was 76 years ago today.


In the last two years, I've come to find out that my brother's Father-in-Law is a WWII vet.  He's 95.  Still drives all over, still has a sharp mind, still mows lawns.  For most of the time I've known him, he worked as a bag boy at a Publix grocery store, but that ended around five years ago.  He's the first WWII vet I've known in years.  I'll use the term, "tough old bird".  Maybe on Christmas, I can get a few stories out of him. 


1 comment:

  1. The ranks of the Greatest Generation are very thin this Christmas Season.

    ReplyDelete